Thursday, January 13, 2011

Our feathered friends in the snow


After a slow start to the winter, we are getting dump after dump of the white stuff. It keeps me and my snow shovel busy, and it also gives me the chance to check out the neighbourhood birds.
And I get to stalk them with my camera. These pics are taken through the glass of my deck doors, so they are not as clear as they should be.
The chickadees are fearless, and will pose willingly for me, but the bluejays, even though they are bigger, are much more skittish. Any move from me inside the house, and they are gone. The grapevine that twined around the deck
makes great bird perches and helps to secure the bird feeders so they don't blow around as much.
Sparrows and goldfinches (in their drab winter plumage) and a downy woodpecker also visit the feeders, but they are even harder to capture on camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from other bloggers!