Saturday, June 9, 2012

a late May garden

So much to do in the garden this time of year.  There is hardly time to get all the weeding and deadheading done.  And the pictures don't make it to the blog until a rainy day keeps me inside.  So even though it's a month late, here's what the garden looked like two weeks ago.

This tree peony has been in my garden for at least 5 years.  It wasn't blooming, so I moved it, and waited with much anticipation and no luck until this year, when 2 big fat buds appeared.  They bloom before regular herbaceous peonies, and are much bigger.
15 years ago, I planted three ferns upside down in the fall, and had to dig them up and flip them around in the spring.  Now they have taken over two beds, and are invading the lawn.  I dug up a bunch last year, just to make room for everything else.  But they sure are beautiful as the fronds unfurl.















No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from other bloggers!