Friday, February 17, 2017

winter's back

We went away for the first week of February to celebrate our 60th birthdays.  We left a mild, easy winter, and returned to snow - lots of it.  Wayne is now in Florida (shades of last year) and I am left to do the shovelling.  First was the deck - the weight of all that snow had to go.  I uncovered the bird feeders, stocked up the peanuts and sunflower seeds, and a crowd of bluejays, starlings, mourning doves and chickadees, along with two ravens, showed their appreciation.

Later in the afternoon, I had a look at the front walkway.  It was a chore just to find the steps.  The snow was packed down by the wind, and was easy to cut into chunks.  I had to stop every few minutes to catch my breath.
The car on the left has not been touched for 10 days.  That guy will not be liberated for another week. My car, on the right, was driven yesterday, but is again covered.  The driveway has not been plowed, so I'm going nowhere today.
After 40 minutes of struggling, the steps have emerged.  The pile of snow is up to 45 inches, and I am ready for a well-deserved cup of tea.

1 comment:

I love hearing from other bloggers!