Thursday, August 3, 2017

spiders spiders everywhere

This morning, the sunlight slanted through the livingroom, illuminating dust motes and something I probably should have noticed a long time ago.  This little guy has been making himself quite at home.  The web is huge.  I don`t know how it managed to attach the web to all the different angles of the room, but it did a great job.  Alas, its home is now destroyed.  I scooped up the little guy and set it carefully outside.
This web attached to my newspaper slot looks like a comment on the state of paper-based media today.  But the opening of the slot is clear, and I can`t eat breakfast without my daily paper.
This is the web of a funnel spider.  They attach their web to grass or low plants, and the web can only be seen when covered with dew.  The hole near the top is the spider`s lair. It waits down there until an insect gets tangled in the web, and then comes out for a meal.
A line of funnel webs in the rock garden waits for prey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from other bloggers!