Friday, February 22, 2019

skating on thin ice

This has been an unusually severe winter.  Lots of snow, followed by one-day thaws, followed by -15C, followed by rain.  It has made the place a skating rink.  Literally in the fields behind my house.
The weather has put a monkey wrench in my cross-country skiing.  It is so slippery under the coating of powdery snow, I'm afraid to get out there.  And there are huge areas I can't cross.
















So let's make lemonade out of this lemon.  Our son Dylan took my negativity and decided it would be perfect skating rink.  He took out a camp chair to put on his skates, and away he went, exploring the field on his blades.
One great thing about this natural rink is that it is directly on the ground - no danger of breaking though and falling into cold water, because the ice is only a few cm thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from other bloggers!