Saturday, May 30, 2020

tulip time


Tulips.  Such variety of colours and shapes!  

I cleared out the rock garden - heaved out all the rocks, peeled back and pulled out the blasted landscape cloth (that stuff should be illegal), yanked out the horribly invasive but pretty creeping jenny, put down a layer of seaweed, and then replaced the rocks. 
Now I know why I avoided that job for so long. 
I have heard it said that a rockgarden is the most high-maintenance project, and it is true. 
Luckily, the red tulips survived my labours.


These tulips are probably 20 years old.  They just keep coming back. 
However, they are right in the middle of a vegetable bed. 
When I moved them last year, I missed these two.
These tulips always start out yellow, and I always wonder, because I didn't plant yellow tulips.
Then they turn a creamy orange, and I remember I wondered the same thing last year.
Princess Irene - lovely flames and white-edged leaves




My favourite group of tulips is clustered around the flowering crab apple tree.  I am certain I chose only pink tulips (to blend in with the pink apple blossoms) but now years later the colours have reverted.  I like the bold mix of colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from other bloggers!