Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fabulous October

It's October, and the weather is just getting better. The days are sunny and warm, and it feels like the good times will never end. After keeping a low profile all summer, the chickadees are back. They just love the tiny ripe seeds from the many-headed sunflower that popped up unannounced in my garden this year. These birds swoop in, peck for a few seconds, and then they're gone. I've always wondered about the energy they waste with all that movement, but I suppose if they stayed put for too long, they would be an easy target for predators.






Here are the beans that just won't quit. Even though it's October, these green bush beans called Valentino are still providing a nice meal every two days. And if I had planted them further apart, I'd be getting even more.
Next year I swear I'll be the perfect gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from other bloggers!