Wednesday, February 16, 2011

enough snow already!





Yesterday we endured another vicious storm with high winds and white-out conditions, even on the main street in Charlottetown!
22 centimetres blew around in huge drifts.


Even the churches are expressing their opinions that all this snow is getting out of hand.






Our compost bucket was full to overflowing, but I wasn't looking forward to dumping it. Usually it's a pleasant walk through the back yard to the composter, but it's different now. There's at least 3 to 4 feet of soft white stuff back there. I have resorted to strapping on my skis to avoid skinking to my waist with every step, but even that was a problem yesterday. Hanging on to the compost buckets meant I couldn't use ski poles. Struggling up the first hill, I did more sliding backward than moving forward. When I finally made it back there, I found that the compost bins are fast disappearing, and I had to bend down almost to ground level to dump the stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Skis in the backyard - that's resourceful of you! We've had temps above 0c the last couple of days but I hear another cold front is headed our way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi,
    I really enjoyed my visit on Monday-thank you!
    I agree enough snow but it seems to keep coming.
    You got some lovely bird shots especially the mourning dove.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other bloggers!