Saturday, May 14, 2011

mountains out of molehills

After a winter of record snowfalls and drifts in my back yard, as the snow melted I was horrified to find mole trails all through the grass. What a mess! And why do moles dig bother to dig such shallow trenches if they are under the snow anyways? Maybe they eat the roots of the grass.
Anyways, I couldn't believe the damage. We have been at this house for 17 years and never have seen the like. I figured I'd be doing a whole lot of raking and seeding to fix the mess. But now, 2 months later, the mole trails are gone - the grass healed itself without any help from me. In a future spring when this happens again, I'll just take a chill pill and trust that nature will take care of it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from other bloggers!