Tuesday, February 17, 2015

aftermath

A huge wave of snow in my back yard.  My full-size trellis is under there somewhere.
It's the morning after the two days before.  The wind has finally stopped, the sky is blue, and it has warmed up to -10C.  Everyone has been told to stay off the roads and let the plows do their work,so we all have the day off.  again.

With my front door and my garage door completely blocked with snow, there was just one way to get out.  Go down the steps of the deck and strap on the skiis.

I needed to dump the kitchen scraps accumulating in the house, so I skiied out to where I knew my bins were.  The area was flat, so I was totally disoriented.  Then I saw the black edge of the bin sticking out of the snow.  And tracks from some hungry animal, or one looking for shelter.





   
The driveway has been plowed, but my work has just begun.

Now I had to liberate the car.  I need to go to work tomorrow morning, and this will take a while.


Here is the reason I couldn't get out the garage door.
The drift is way over my head, and it is really hard to fling the snow up high enough so that it won't come tumbling back down into the clearing.



A shovel-wide path took a lot of elbow grease.
But it means I can get in and out of the house without skiis!
Now back in the house for some hot tea and a soak for my aching muscles.
































1 comment:

  1. Winter is a pretty season, but not so when it interferes with your everyday routine. And wow, the height of the snow is quite staggering! It is definitely hard for anyone to accomplish much with that amount all over their property. Luckily for you, you were able to clear a path and have your driveway plowed. Hopefully it won’t be that heavy next winter. Take care!

    Mike Mcmillen @ DependableLawnCareLLC

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other bloggers!