Friday, March 20, 2020

skiing in the time of COVID-19


I wish my legs really were that long!
At this time of confinement, we are practicing the required social distancing, but that does not mean we have to stay inside all the time.
Although it was +5C today, there is still plenty of snow in the fields behind our house.  Only today did I see any bare earth peeking through anywhere.
The snow is starting to collapse, but I hope it does not melt away too soon.
It is hard to ski on mud!












In the back yard

Wayne, my ski buddy
A tough hill to climb with frozen icy snow and slippery skis.  The winds always blow against us going uphill.  But sometimes we get help on the downhill, so we can just spread our arms and let the wind push us

My favourite part of the trail winds through the woods.  
Last week I looked up and saw a ruffed grouse perched in a branch just a few feet above my head!

trees are iced with vanilla frosting

1 comment:

  1. So serene looking. I can almost smell the fresh snowy sunshiny air!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other bloggers!