Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mystery birds

Every afternoon around 5:00 for the past 2 weeks, a flock of these birds has landed on a tall dead pine at the back of the garden. I have counted up to 9 at once. They are a bit smaller than a crow, grey with stripes, and I often see them rubbing their heads on branches. The most amazing thing about them is the noise they make. It's like being in a pet store. Trills, whistles, croaks - it sounds like finches and parrots and canaries all at once. I would love to know what they are - any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    I am not sure what those birds are-Cornell has a site to help you identify birds maybe that would help you.They must sound musical though.
    Nice to see another Island blog.
    Take care,

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from other bloggers!